According to the Korean Ministry of Justice, all foreigners residing in Korea for more than 90 days are required to register themselves as foreign residents by applying for a Residence Card (formerly known as Alien Registration Card or ARC) within 90 days of arriving in Korea. This card is required regardless of your visa status, and it is of your advantage to obtain it as soon as possible. Students must make sure to have this card with them upon departure from and re-entry to Korea in order to maintain their D-2 visa status.
Your visa will be revoked immediately should you leave Korea without having registered yourself as a foreign resident. Having submitted an application for registration is not sufficient; you must have an actual residence card with you.
Students who fail to register themselves as foreign residents within 90 days may be subject to fines.
Foreign Resident Registration
1. Application form (click HERE to download)
3. A copy of D-2 visa page on passport or a visa grant notice
4. Photo (3.5cm*4.5cm, taken within 6 months)
▶ see requirements here
5. Certificate of enrolment issued after the date of arrival in Korea (service.ewha.ac.kr)
a tuition fee receipt if applying before the start of the semester
6. Proof of residence (click HERE to download list of examples)
7. Fee (30,000 KRW)
Notification of Changes in Registered Information
In the event of changes in any of the information below, you must report the status change within 14 days from the date of change by visiting the immigration office or via e-Application at www.hikorea.go.kr. Students who fail to report in time may be subject to fines.
- name, gender, date of birth, nationality, address (including change of rooms at the dormitory), passport information (number, date of issue, expiration date, etc.), school (including change in school name)