Ⅰ. Admissions Timeline
Fall 2023 Admissions Timeline: The information below is subject to change.
Friday, March 3, 2023, 13:00
– Thursday, April 13, 2023, 17:00
Friday, March 3, 2023, 13:00
– Tuesday, April 18, 2023, 17:00
|Admissions & Scholarship Decisions Announced||
No later than Friday, June 16, 2023
July – August, 2023
to admitted students.
Certificate of Admission
(in person or by post)
(Applicants may be contacted for an interview if necessary)
Statement of Intent to Register
To be eligible to apply, applicants must meet all the requirements below.
Nationality : Non-Korean*
※ Applicants and their parents must be nationals(i.e.passport holders) of a country other than korea.
※ Ewha Womans University accepts applications from female applicants only.
Education: Applicants to each program must meet the academic requirements below
|Undergraduate Program||Freshman||Applicants who have graduated or are expected to graduate from high school by August 2023.
※ GED, Korean High school Graduate Equivalency Test, home schooling, cyber schooling, or other high school equivalency certificates are not considered as high school diploma.
Applicants who fall under one of the two cases below:
①Applicants who have a) completed or are expected to complete at least 2 academic years (4 regular semesters, excluding summer/winter sessions) and b) earned at least half (two thirds in case of three-year British universities) of the minimum number of credits required for graduation at a four-year university by August 2023
② Applicants who have acquired or are expected to acquire an associate degree at a junior college by August 2023.
※ GED, Korean High school Graduate Equivalency Test, home schooling, cyber schooling, or other school equivalency certificates are not considered as school diploma.
Applicants who have acquired or are expected to acquire a Bachelor’s degree by August 2023
Applicants who have acquired or are expected to acquire a Master’s degree by August 2023
※ Students who are expected to graduate must graduate by August 31, 2023
Language Proficiency: Applicants must meet one of the following language proficiency requirements
- Undergraduate Freshman Applicants: Test of Proficiency in Korean(TOPIK) Level 3 or above
Undergraduate Transfer & Graduate Program Applicants: TOPIK Level 4 or above
- Completion of Level 4 or above of the Korean Language Intensive program at Ewha Language Center
- English Proficency Test Scores:
TOEFL(PBT 550, iBT 80), IELTS 6.0, New TEPS 326 or above
- Completion of high school or university education conducted entirely in Korean or English
- Ewha's recognition that the applicant's level of Korean or English proficiency is equivalent to or higher than the above four requirements
※ Applicants applying to a program where all major courses are conducted in English must submit proof of English language proficiency
- Undergraduate: Division of International Studies (International Studies, Global Korean Studies)
- Graduate: Asian Women's Studies
Ⅲ. Selection Process
Applicants will be selected through a comprehensive evaluation of their academic capability, language proficiency, preparedness in the chosen major, academic motivation, etc. shown in their submitted materials.※ Some applicants may be contacted individually for an interview.
Application Fee: 150,000 KRW
※ Applicants must complete payment of the application fee in order to submit their online application.
Ⅳ. Required Documents
- [Form 1] Application Form
- [Form 2] Application Supplement & Scholarship Application
- Official Transcript of Academic Records and Certificate of (Expected) Graduation
- Language Proficiency Test Score Reports or Certificates
- Documentation verifying contents in “Application Supplement & Scholarship Application”
- Passport – Applicant and both Parents
- Legal document verifying relationship between applicant and both parents
- Supplemental Materials showing Artistic or Athletic Ability