Higher Education for ASEAN Talents (HEAT):
Scholarship Opportunity for ASEAN Faculty Members in the Republic of Korea
About the Program
The Korean Council for University Education (KCUE) is launching a full scholarship opportunity for ASEAN faculty members: Higher Education for ASEAN Talents (HEAT). Higher Education for ASEAN Talents (HEAT) is designed to provide higher education in Korea for ASEAN faculty members. The main purpose of this program is to invite faculty members from ASEAN higher education institutions to support their acquisition of a doctoral degree in Korea with the aim to enhance their expertise and promote people-to-people exchanges between Korea and ASEAN. Ewha Womans University has been selected as a university participant offering this program.
Scholarship recipients will receive a Doctoral degree from Ewha Womans University after completion of the program. KCUE will cover tuition, living expenses, and other costs; each recipient will receive full scholarship benefits for a total of three years.
For a brochure of this program, please click here.
For KCUE guidelines for this program, please click here.
Academic Programs (Doctoral Only)
|Liberal & Social Sciences||International Studies||International Trade, International Business, Development Cooperation, International Relations|
|Korean Studies||Korean Culture, Teaching Korean as a Foreign Language|
|Interpretation and Translation||Interpretation and Translation|
|Political Science & International Relations||Political Philosophy, Comparative Politics, International Politics, Korean Politics|
|Korean Education||Korean Education|
|North Korean Studies||North Korean Politics, North Korean Economics, North Korean Society and Culture, Unification and Peace|
|English Language & Literature||Literature, Linguistics|
|Social Welfare||Clinical Social Work, Social Welfare Policy|
|Women’s Studies||Family, Work, Sexuality, Feminist Theory, Women's Policy|
|Education||Philosophy of Education, Sociology of Education, Educational Administration,
Curriculum & Instruction, Educational Measurement & Evaluation, educational counselling and psychology, Lifelong Education
|Business Administration||Management Decision Science, Marketing, Finance, Human Resource. Strategic Management, Accounting, Management Information System|
|Natural Sciences||Nutritional Science & Food Management||Food and Nutrition|
|Nursing Science||Woman/Man Health Nursing, Woman's Health Nursing, Child Nursing, Mental & Psychiatric Nursing, Basic Nursing, Community Nursing, Nursing Management|
|Pharmaceutical Sciences||Pharmaceutical Sciences|
|Industrial Pharmaceutical Science||Industrial Pharmaceutical Science|
|Engineering||Computer Science and Engineering||Computer Science and Engineering|
- Roundtrip travel (one time only): Round-trip economy class flight ticket
- Monthly Allowance: 1,100 USD per month
- Relocation (Settlement) Allowance (one time only): 300 USD upon arrival
- Tuition (The admission fees will be covered by Ewha)
- Dissertation Printing Costs: 400~600 USD, depending on the actual cost
- Health Insurance
* All grants will be paid in KRW, and amounts may vary depending on the exchange rate.
Application Period: March 16 (Mon) - March 27 (Fri), 2020
Submission of Application and Supplemental Materials: by post
Attn: HEAT Scholarship Program Coordinator, International Student Affairs Team, Ewha Womans University, ECC B329, 52 Ewhayeodae-gil, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, 03760 Republic of Korea
- Applicants who meet the KCUE application requirements
- Education: Applicants who have completed a graduate program and have acquired a Master’s degree before March 2020
- Language Proficiency: Applicants must meet at least one of the requirements below
- Test of Proficiency in Korean(TOPIK) Level 4 or above
- Completion of Level 4 or above of the Korean Language Intensive program at Ewha Language Center
- English Proficency Test Scores: TOEFL(PBT 550, iBT 80), IELTS 5.5 or above
- Completion of university or graduate school education conducted entirely in Korean or English
- Ewha's recognition that the applicant's level of Korean or English proficiency is equivalent to or higher than the above A-D requirements
*Ewha Womans University accepts applications from female applicants only.
List of Required Documents
|1||KCUE Form 1. Permission for Study Abroad||Y|
|2||KCUE Form 2. Applicant Agreement||Y|
|3||Ewha Womans University HEAT Program Application||Y|
|4||CV (include list of publications, articles, etc)||Y|
|6||Official Undergraduate Academic Transcript||Y|
|7||Official Master’s Program Academic Transcript||Y|
|8||Master’s Degree Diploma||Y|
|9||Copy of Applicant’s Passport||Y|
|10||Official Language Proficiency Test Score Reports||N*|
|11||Copies of Awards||N|
|12||Health Information Form||Y|
*Applicants without an official languate proficiency test score may be contacted for an interview.
|Office:||International Student Affairs Team, Ewha Womans University|